Monday, January 4, 2010

Leave the leopard print alone


This leopard print style is making my acid reflux rear its ugly head again - I thought the pepto bismol had sorted it out over New Year. I'm not normally one to feel nauseous about fashion but there's something weirdly offensive about the look that I can't quite put my finger on.

I spent the weekend shopping with a Brit buddy in the local malls and was astounded to see that this micro mode is poking around in a number of stores. There's a scarf here, a coat there and don't even mention the snuggie - it just won't go away.


I think my aversion comes from years of being subjected to Bet Lynch night after night on Coronatin Street stalking around in her car crash couture - not something that you should be putting yourself through at the time of evening when you're normally reaching for a cup of cocoa to calm the senses.


Added to that the sighting of a few panto dames draped in the stuff at Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week in the fall and it's another nail in the coffin for this look.


You might want to play the 'Kate Moss fashion icon' card and suggest that if La Moss is wearing it then it must be hip - but let's face it that girl could make a bin liner look good.

No the plain truth is - faux though it might be, fashion forward it is not. Please step away from it so it can die an admirable death on the back of aging soap stars where it belongs.







If you liked this post, take a peek at these...


Summer wardrobe found at Mercedes-Benz #NYFW


Is #NYFW turning into a horse fair?


Busted

No comments:

Post a Comment